Making life easier with stickers marking knob positions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guijs

Reaction score
Hello,

As any MKV owner knows, the amp is very sensitive to different guitars and pickups and it is hard to remember knob settings as they don't have reference markings under the knobs.... until know! :mrgreen:

I took some measuring and made pre-cut stickers to place under the knobs and EQ sliders, now I can precisely "save" positions for every setting I want. I always had trouble doing this because even if I take pictures of the settings, you can't know exactly what position each knob was and a couple of millimeters off can change the tone.

If anyone is interested, here it is a PNG file that you can send for printing as a pre-cut sticker. It is important to be pre-cut, so you don't have to scissor-cut each sticker by yourself which would take forever.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvtq1e2akc1jd4m/Knobs%20Mesa%20Boogie.png?dl=0

28cgho7.jpg

Adjust with your ears "Weed Hopper". Your eyes can deceive you. The only time you can depend on your eyes is "the wiggle". If the cute girl butt stays firmly planted in the seat when you play your tone is not good. If the girl butt do "the wiggle" around the dance floor your tone is good.

You can still adjust with your ears, and when you reach the sweet spot you just open your eyes and write down the exactly knob position. This way is easier when I switch from a single coil strat to a ESP with 81/60 EMG's that use completely different settings.

Thanks for posting the stickers. I am sure some will find them useful.

Back