Crunch mode on MK V 25 vs channel 2 Crunch mode Mk V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This goes without saying.
We are mainly talking about the preamp circuit.

I know it’s an old thread but this was the reply I got from Mesa boogie when I inquired about having a Mark V crunch channel mid pot modded to a Mark V25 mid pot.

“We do not make modifications such as you request. Also, there is a different circuit involved when comparing the Mark V:25 and Mark V mid control.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!

Garey Noble”

Thought that was strange because in the manual I believe it states that this mode is taken directly from the Mark V

I agree from the vids that the 25 seems to have more gain, I believe the V 90w has the same amount but you just have to max gain, treble and mid.

My settings are as follows and it is brutally heavy:

- Gain: Max
- Treble: 5oclock
- Mid: Max
- Bass: 11oclock
- Presence: Low and tailored to suit your playing volume and speakers

45w / Tube rectification / Variac. GEQ and Full power optional

It has authority like no other mode or mesa I've heard and probably one of the main reasons why I am keeping the V.

Sometimes I think because of how the manuals are written up with relatively conservative suggested settings we're generally reluctant to push some of these settings. How I feel anyway.

Latest posts

Back