Mark V:25 Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see your image! I'd love to, because I want one!

Don said:
I can't see your image! I'd love to, because I want one!

That's strange.....I'll see if it will take on this post.

Let me know if that didn't work. Looks like the only way to add images is though something like dropbox. That's what I did on the first post and I can see it fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko9tl5jq1dpi5m9/IMG_2311.JPG?dl=0

Well, looks like you have to click on the link.

Can't figure out how to post a picture here. I'm on another forum with this same software and it has a button to add pictures down below......this one doesn't seem to have one.

Looks good! I was able to see it but I had to click at the bottom “No thanks, just take me to the website” after clicking the Hyperlink. It was asking me to get the App...

jaslan said:
Looks good! I was able to see it but I had to click at the bottom “No thanks, just take me to the website” after clicking the Hyperlink. It was asking me to get the App...

I don't know if there is any easy way to post pictures to this forum, if there is I haven't figured it out. So, I just linked to a dropbox account.

Funny though.....on my PC, the picture was popping right up when I looked at the post.

I am on iPad so it wants me to install the App. Maybe they don’t have a standalone App for PC. Not really sure.

If anyone wants to see the picture, but can't.......shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it along.

I played a show with mine tonight.....sounded good and only took one hand to carry in! I'm liking it. Have two more gigs tomorrow. Nice having one less piece of gear to haul in.

Let me know if this works. These are awesome! Is the covering Tolex or spray on bed liner (or something else)?

S_AQBnd4aqlCvPof_1yruDbVC8AJ58FXoGnoPvFwAZY

Don said:
Let me know if this works. These are awesome! Is the covering Tolex or spray on bed liner (or something else)?

S_AQBnd4aqlCvPof_1yruDbVC8AJ58FXoGnoPvFwAZY

I use roll-on Duratex. All of my PA cabs and cases have that on 'em. Good stuff. Two coats of flat black paint, then two good coats of Duratex.

If it gets messed up, you just re-coat it.

Of course, you could do Tolex in the Boogie style. Several places sell it. I just haven't ever done it and I had the Duratex already.

Played three gigs in 24 hours with it. Two country and one rock/blues. The amp sounds good and looks like a toy up there. The show yesterday was an open jam that we hosted.....had lots of folks coming up to take a look. And there was one on each side of the stage......now known as "The Twins" or "Baby Boogies".

Looks cool, and glad it's working out on a practical level, too. Well done!

Bruce Weldy said:
I use roll-on Duratex. All of my PA cabs and cases have that on 'em. Good stuff. Two coats of flat black paint, then two good coats of Duratex.

If it gets messed up, you just re-coat it.

Of course, you could do Tolex in the Boogie style. Several places sell it. I just haven't ever done it and I had the Duratex already.

Played three gigs in 24 hours with it. Two country and one rock/blues. The amp sounds good and looks like a toy up there. The show yesterday was an open jam that we hosted.....had lots of folks coming up to take a look. And there was one on each side of the stage......now known as "The Twins" or "Baby Boogies".

Looks good! Some of the SOBs had a similar finish. I like it because I can build an amp and even a cabinet, but I have zero interest in applying Tolex!

I'm a big fan of baby Boogies! I have an Express 5:25 1x10 combo and an early Studio Series .22.

That’s very cool. I also used to have the express 1x10 (and wish I still did). I love my Mark v:25 head but a nice portable 1x10 would be so great, nice to see that it can be done (although would not save much weight over what you built)

streuth said:
That’s very cool. I also used to have the express 1x10 (and wish I still did). I love my Mark v:25 head but a nice portable 1x10 would be so great, nice to see that it can be done (although would not save much weight over what you built)

The only weight you could save with a 10" would be that the height could drop some. Doubt you'll find a 10 that's lighter than the Neo 12s that I put in these. A little over 4 pounds.

Back