New LSS Shell Day

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noice :mrgreen:

I could take your old head case but you’re on wrong continent :lol:

:lol: yes true

Well I am going to pull my Ace chassis and see if it will fit the old LSS shell. Doubt the mounting holes will line up but will give it a try.

rarebitusa said:

Well I am going to pull my Ace chassis and see if it will fit the old LSS shell. Doubt the mounting holes will line up but will give it a try.

The Ace is one amp that I’d be willing to test drive :lol: I’ve had deuces and they’ve been great :mrgreen:

Eevil said:
rarebitusa said:

The Ace is one amp that I’d be willing to test drive :lol: I’ve had deuces and they’ve been great :mrgreen:

Had been trolling for a Deuce II for quite a while but when this Ace popped up locally, had to pounce on it. One of the better gear choices I've made. Very happy camper, totally dig the contrast between it and the LSS. Definitely want to plug into a Deuce at some point and crank it. 8)

That's a beautiful shell! Hey how long and tall is your old shell? I have a classic in the old long shell, like 29". If that's shorter I might buy it off you. Your old one looks shorter than mine .

atomheart411 said:
That's a beautiful shell! Hey how long and tall is your old shell? I have a classic in the old long shell, like 29". If that's shorter I might buy it off you. Your old one looks shorter than mine .

Thanks... I don't have the original shell in front of me, but my notes say

Shell Dimensions 11 1/4" H x 22 7/8" W x 11 3/4" D

The LSS

Chassis Dimensions 17” W x 2 1/2” H x 9 1/2” D

The Classic has the same knob arrangements / spacings as the Special, could be wrong but they sure look to be the same size.

rarebitusa said:
atomheart411 said:

The LSS

The Classic has the same knob arrangements / spacings as the Special, could be wrong but they sure look to be the same size.

Well. I’ve understood Lonestars (classic and special) and Electra-Dyne shared the same chassis and thus would be directly swappable. (Electra-dyne head being reverse as the controls are in the bottom)

But I could be completely wrong :lol: that has happened before…

Eevil said:
rarebitusa said:
atomheart411 said:

The LSS

Well. I’ve understood Lonestars (classic and special) and Electra-Dyne shared the same chassis and thus would be directly swappable. (Electra-dyne head being reverse as the controls are in the bottom)

But I could be completely wrong :lol: that has happened before…

For reference only... the Stiletto Ace chassis is just a bit too deep to fit in the original LSS headshell, well let's say not very easily. The width and the height are ok. There would have to be a fair bit of hacking which is certainly not worth the trouble.

Well the Lonestar head was a bit lonely so it needed a companion. Picked up this fuzzy 1x12 cab with a Celestion G12-65 for less then a tank of gas 8) Toneally it goes really well with this amp and was a perfect size so it got the treatment. My man Reggie at Rawcabs who did the headshell and its wicker panel also made the custom wicker panel for the cab, fits and matches. Still wondering if I should put an emblem on the cab or leave it as is :?:

Latest posts

Back