Lonestar 2x12 tone in a lighter format?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vman4639

Reaction score
I have had a Lonestar 2x12 for years and really love the tone.

I am starting to gig more and moving the amp to venues and rehearsal space is not fun. Yes it has casters but gravel lots, narrow stairs, etc. are not fun (85 lbs).

I think I'd like something in the 40-50 pound range.

Is there another Boogie amp that would give me that warm, smooth, clean tone and head room? I was thinking of the Fillmore 50 but reviews seem to compare that to a Fender tone. I was also thinking of getting a Lonestar in head / cab format, but would prefer a lighter combo.

Other thoughts?

Thanks!

I would definitely consider the Fillmore. I have the LSC 2x12 and the Fillmore 25 head. I use the F25 for practice and small gigs while I save the LSC for the big venues. The clean on the Fillmore is full and warm similar to the LSC. The drive is better IMO on the F25. The head room on the F25 is not very good. I hear it's just fine with the F50 and F100. Those Andy Timmons demo's on the F50 are impressive. FWIW I have acquired a taste for a dirtier clean sound using my F25 and have dialed up my LSC's clean ch gain to about 3:30 from a previous 12:00. I've had the Reeder Mod on my LSC for years to make the dirt ch more transparent. The Fillmore has 3 options on it's dirt. It has the Clean ch (Which I use) with the gain at 3-4 o'clock. This gives a low-Medium dirt that is the least compressed. The drive has an amazing medium gain that is a bit more compressed. The Hi voicing is like the best OD pedal (Better) set for upper medium gain with more compression. I can coax some scorching shred tones in this voicing. So....I highly recommend the Fillmore as a LSC alternative. Owning both is awesome!

Back