Getting that LSS sound at home from another amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reggiedadog

Reaction score
Ive been on a real amp merry go around in the past year, but in the last few months have settled into my Lonestar special, absolutely for me the best sound I've ever had. I use a Helix as my pedalboard using 4cm

The only issue I have is that my mancave music room at home is on the third floor and lugging it up and down the stairs is getting harder. It tends to therefore live in my garage between rehearsals and gigs.

I am looking for something I can use at home that gets me 'close' to that LSS sound at around 5 watts. FX loop is a must and so is MV if it is a bigger amp.

Not averse to solid state if it does the job

Worse case scenario is that I might buy a second LSS if I have to... and then for the rare times I play big venues I can use two amps.

I also have a lonestar classic that I dont like as much as the LSS, but another altenative is to let it live in my mancave and put EL84s in it- will this get me there?

Thanks

If your looking for a light el84....
consider Transatlantic 15,
Or, I would just put the LSC upstairs. You could switch to a head LSS. Sell the LSC and get something more portable.

Thanks, I think Im gonna move the LSC on, it is a bit battered though so not sure what I will get for it. I have considered swapping valves but Im probably chasing a tone Ive already found in the LSS. LSS heads are vary rare in the UK though

Back