New LSC owner needs some info

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusguitar

Reaction score
Hey mates. At last i bought a second hand LSC head v2.

Well, obviously it's a monster (in any way), i like it a lot and i would like you to ask you:

1) In 50w mode which tubes are not operate? The 2 inside or the two outside?

2) The footswitch (the big one) when i go from clean to drive makes a very loud pop noise.
(I used to have the Roadster and it had the same problem but when it was in standby mode i was pushing all the buttons one after the other and that trick was solving the problem).
I tried also the footswitch of my DC-5 (the same function) and it did it also.
From the serial number i assume that my LSC it's from 2009 or something.
Any thoughts?

They are great amps. I believe the outer tubes are the 50's. As for the Footswitch pop, all I can say is mine doesn't do that.

Thanks for your reply.
Indeed, it's in the manual that in the 50 watt setting runs only the outside tubes. Although i read it thoroughly, i missed that one like an amateur... :lol:

As far as the footswitch, thankfully it wasn't an actually problem because i realized that the pop is present only when the 2 channels has different watt setting. It's low from 100 to 50 but more present from 100 to 10.
Maybe it's a normal electronic issue. I can live with it.

The amp is a BEAST!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hmmm, I keep mine both at 50w. I'll try different wattage settings and see if it "pops". Mine is a V1 with no 10w setting. The original "Blue Pig" 2x12. :lol:

Just corroborating, as you noted, the channel switching POP is a known issue when switching between channels at different wattage settings, common to most amps that do this as far as I know.

djw said:
Just corroborating, as you noted, the channel switching POP is a known issue when switching between channels at different wattage settings, common to most amps that do this as far as I know.

I don't get it because it shouldn't be that way. It's useless in live applications. I mean, i don't see myself to use different watt settings in each ch for gigs but it's annoying anyway.

Have you tried it at a different location. Maybe faulty grounding in current home.

No, mate. I don't think that this is the cause, it seems to me like an electronic issue. I'll try it, though.
Thanks.

Does anybody knows, if i run the amp in hard bypass mode, it's like a non master volume amp? i don't have a clue about electronics but i assume that it's something like that, right?

fusguitar said:
Does anybody knows, if i run the amp in hard bypass mode, it's like a non master volume amp? i don't have a clue about electronics but i assume that it's something like that, right?
Well, sssssort of in the sense that there's no MV across the two channels. But not really, because both channels have their own master volume control and preamp control (Ch2 has 2 of them!).

Examples of Non-MV amps include your classic blackface Fenders, where there's just one "Volume" control (per channel) and no "Preamp" or "Gain" control. Most old Marshalls are like this, as are pretty much any amp designed before the early 70's (off the top of my head). Boogie was one of the first to add separate gain/volume controls.

djw said:
fusguitar said:
Well, sssssort of in the sense that there's no MV across the two channels. But not really, because both channels have their own master volume control and preamp control (Ch2 has 2 of them!).

Examples of Non-MV amps include your classic blackface Fenders, where there's just one "Volume" control (per channel) and no "Preamp" or "Gain" control. Most old Marshalls are like this, as are pretty much any amp designed before the early 70's (off the top of my head). Boogie was one of the first to add separate gain/volume controls.

Hey, thanks for the input. Well, i can live with that! :lol:

Yes it’s the outer pair !
Footswitch popping, not on mine and it’s one of the first (Combo), owned since new and I do run the two channels at different watt levels. Also no pop when kicking solo mode. Also no difference when in either tweed or full on mode
The only thing I have done to the footswitch is to fit a stompswitch to on/off the reverb

Back