LSC clean tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virtu

Reaction score
Hi mates. I'm planning to buy a LSC and i would like to ask about the clean ch.
I'm looking for some tones like SRV's "Tin Pan Alley" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOI-w6Swgsc) and Dire Strait's "Sultan of Swing" solo.
If i'm not wrong, SRV recorded this song with a Fender or Dumble and Knopfler with a Fender?
Also i like the sparkling clean funk guitar sound and since the LSC is something like a blackface, can i nail these tones with the amp?

I can't speak for the Knopfler tone, but when I put the 6V6's in my LSC and hook up a Weber loaded 4x10, I get SRV all day long.

Thanks for your reply my friend.

I am talking about the clean sound of SRV and not for his breakup/low gain tone and i thought that the huge clean headroom comes from 6L6 and not from the 6V6.

You talking about clean or low gain sound?

You're right. If you're looking for huge clean head room, 6L6s would be better than the 6V6s. I've gotten close enough to be satisfied, but wouldn't call it "dead on." LSCs do their thing with a tip of the hat to the "blackface" amps, but if you're looking to nail that tone, I would suggest buying a Fender.

Latest posts

Back