Big Blue Pig Soon To Be a Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry

Reaction score
I have just joined a busy weekend gigging band, where my gorgeous big LSC ‘Blue Pig’ 2x12 combo excels in the wide variety of material covered. However, although no weakling, I am no longer a spring chicken and hauling the Pig around twice a week, albeit in a flight case, I do fear for my back. So, a quick email to Zilla Cabs here in the UK confirmed that they can build me a head cab in my choice of materials.

I initially considered a short head but was a little worried about the reduced airspace and any possible detrimental effect on cooling. Reading up on the (standard?) large head, I understand it is still a large piece of kit and so I thought the medium head would be a good compromise. I chose a black ‘Mesa-alike’ tolex to keep things simple and not flashy.

I will keep this thread updated when the cab arrives and let you know how it turned out.

Watch this space!

Haven't heard that description in a while, so WTH, thought I'd post due to my avatar. One of these days...gonna re-house my pig. But for now, I'll keep bustin' my balls.

Well, Zilla cabs here in the UK certainly know their stuff. My Lonestar chassis and reverb tray transferred over perfectly to my new cab. No more broken back :mrgreen:
IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

Latest posts

Back