Newby to Mesa Amps - Early LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry

Reaction score
Hi from Hampshire, Uk.

I have spent the past 45 years playing mainly Marshall or Session amps. However, I have just pulled the trigger on an early LSC 2x12 in blue tolex. I got it ridiculously cheap even when taking into account the reverb not working and the original castors missing. I replaced the u/s reverb tank and obtained new castors for very little outlay and now have one of the most versatile amps I have ever experienced. But crikey, is it heavy!

I mentioned it was an early amp - it is No. 660, having left the factory approx early May 2004 by my calculations - just 6 months into production. I imagine this will still be relatively new, however, when compared to some, so I was wondering, who on this forum owns the oldest Lonestar?

And.....removed the chassis just now to do the Reeder mod only to find that it has already been done by a previous owner. I was only going to do the (easily reversable) mod out of curiosity as I thought Channel 2 was pretty good already.

Congrats on the purchase - I love mine and still my main amp.
Guess the earliest ones will be in the states.
No 631 here, bought Newcastle UK in 2005 - and it had been kicking round in the store for while.

Latest posts

Back