Likely buying first Lone Star this weekend... need a cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Assault Bacon

Reaction score
Hey folks,

If all runs its course as planned, I'll be buying my first Lone Star head, a Special, this Sunday. Currently, I own a Rectoverb 50 combo.

This means I'll have to grab a cabinet somewhere. I have a couple of options:

It's been suggested by friends that I pick up a 1x12 with either a Creamback or a V30. I've been itching to try a Cannabis Rex.
I know where I can pick up an Avatar 2x12 with V30's at a reasonable price.
Or?

My situation: I don't gig right now, nor do I belong to a band. I'm buying the Lone Star for heavy blues and creamy leads and its cleans. I may move my Rectoverb 50 and go Dual Recto at some time in the future for heavier stuff.

I would think a 2x12 would handle a Dual Recto just fine, so I'm considering going that way to begin with. Any thoughts on the matter? Speaker choices, etc?

Thanks very much.

I have a LSS and I run it through a Fender 1X12 Tweed, solid pine closed back cabinet. I put in a 16 ohm, 75W Celestion Creamback. Sounds awesome. I also have a Mesa Boogie Lonestar 2X12 open back with 90's. To be honest, I like the sound of the 1X12 closed back with the creamback much better. Punchier, more bottom, and snappier.

Latest posts

Back