Lonestar + Graphic EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zest

Reaction score
Hi, (First Post)

I don't actually own a Lonestar but hearing how people complain that the Ch. 2 is too bassy I wondered if that problem could be solved by adding the Boogie Graphic EQ Pedal in the FX Loop?

I have searched the internet and haven't found anyone with this idea.

Thanks

I have used my MXR 10 band EQ with Channel 2--both in the loop and in front of the amp, with great results. One of the bands (125 or 250--can't remember which right now) represents the muddy frequency that channel two brings too much of. Pull it down to taste, and the mud clears up, and you can get clarity and crunch. I also push the upper mids and highs just a smidge. This is all after dialing in a tone (for me, its JTMish/Plexi level gain, with the Thick setting--definitely going for Plexi type tones) that is medium gain with good touch sensitivity--somewhere between Angus and early Eddie.

I should add that I'm using my LSC through an LSS 1x12 cab in this scenario--the 1x12 is brighter and more open, which helps with Channel 2.

EQ might help sculpting your tone. I don't think channel 2 of the LSC is too bassy. Around 9-10 o'clock with medium gain settings it sounds very warm with plenty of definition. I sometimes use the Xotic RC boost to give it a tad more grit with the bass knob rolled back around 11 and the treble around 12.30 (12 o'clock is noon). Channel 2 of the LSC also likes fuzz face kind of pedals, channel 2 reminds me a bit of the Marshall low gain JTM plexi amps. Thats not a bad thing but not for everyone.

Latest posts

Back