LSS No sound in 5/15 Watt Mode,replaced tubes,fuse,no luck

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff1987

Reaction score
My LSS has no sound in 5/15 watt mode, but seems to be fine in 30 watt mode. I know this is common in this amp. I actually dealt with this problem 2 years ago and had a Mesa certified repair shop correct the problem with a modification with help direct from Mesa over the phone. No problems since then for over 2 years. Now I have the same problem. I noticed the Rectifier tube was not illuminating when I powered the amp up.So I knew it had probably blown a fuse. I have replaced the fuse, the rectifier tube, the power tubes and preamp tubes. But the 5 /15 watts modes do not work. When I switch to either of those, the sound just fades out. I'm pretty sure I'll have to take it in for repair, just hoping to get an idea of what the problem could be.
Thanks!

After a call to Mesa, I'm taking it in for service. I'll post an update after it is repaired.

jeff1987 said:
After a call to Mesa, I'm taking it in for service. I'll post an update after it is repaired.
Jeff, did you get it sorted out?

The problem was burned capacitors. The authorized Boogie repair shop said it was covered so it didn't cost me anything except for a new rectifier tube and the 2 hour trip to Memphis and back.
Glad to have it back 100% working!

frpax said:
jeff1987 said:
Jeff, did you get it sorted out?

The problem was burned capacitors. The authorized Boogie repair shop said it was covered so it didn't cost me anything except for a new rectifier tube and the 2 hour trip to Memphis and back.
Glad to have it back 100% working!

Latest posts

Back