Specifics about LSC vs LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

__TX__

Reaction score
I know there are threads out there comparing the classic to the special. But what I am having trouble finding is how they play. I've had two classics and love them and was a fool for selling them. But I recently had a Paul Reed Smith Archon. And the attack is more immediate and still dynamic. Does the special have that more immediate attack because of the el84s and running class A? I ran my classics on silicon rectifiers. And where do the specials break up? Like where are the knobs at when it starts breaking up? Let's say in a 1x12 combo.
Thanks, guys.

The LSS has a little of that EL84 immediacy for sure. Not sure I can answer the question about where the amp starts to break up, knob-wise... all the settings have an affect on that. I will say the LSS has a LOT less clean headroom than the LSC at pretty much any setting.

They're very similar, but the LSS has chime and crackle, whereas the LSC has beef and butter.

Much obliged. I'm just going to have to do some driving and check out a special.

Latest posts

Back