Extension cab for LSC 1x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarvc

Reaction score
Im on the fence, and nobody in town has both extension cabinets. I have a 1x12 Lonestar Classic that sounds perfect. For larger venues, I would like an extension cabinet. Cant decide if I should just get another Lonestar 1x12 or if I should get a 2x12 and have 2 speakers. Anybody try them both. I like the stock C90 and have tried a 2x12 Recto cab...hated that one for this amp. Anmy suggestions?

If you like the 1x12 that much, then I say just get another one. 2x12's can be kind of a pain to lug around. And for cleans I much prefer the open back cabs. The C90 does cleans very well in an open back format. My 2x12 rectifier with mesa's V30's is too dark sounding on the cleans. And the bass isn't quite as special as my 1x12 combo. The lone star 2x12 is probably similar sounding to the 1x12, just more. I haven't tried one though. I just think you get more bang for your buck with the mesa 1x12's. They're plenty loud, and two of them would be enough for most gigging guitarists. But you only live once, and if you really want a 2x12, then go for it. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back