Lonestar rackmount frame.How much does it cost?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
Hi there,Im going to pick up a used lonestar classic but having owned one previously i know how much of a back breaker the combo is to move.Im considering just buying a combo and converting it to the rackmount version.Is this possible by removing the chasis from the combo and putting it into the rackmount case or are the chasis different sizes?If it is possible does anyone know how much the rackmount frame would cost?Ive emailed boogie and im still waiting on a reply,Any help much appreciated

This is what you are looking for. I just spoke with them about a week or so ago. You won't be able to put the reverb tank in this chassis. http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/kit-rkstr.html

Oh really?Are you sure?It says on the boogie site that it the rackmount has reverb,although looking at the pic there aint no reverb tank in there.It does say in the quick overview section that it has reverb.Maybe thats just copied and pasted for all the different formats.I was onto boogie and they actually sent me the same link the other day.Thanks anyway.I guess ill only be using the rackmount for when im gigging so could take the chassis out as i wont be using reverb live i guess.Cheers

The person I spoke to at Mesa said that the Straight Front Chassis Kit is what is used for the Lonestar amps. People have mounted the reverb tank elsewhere in the rack if they still use it. The Lonestars have a fan in the amp so you don't need one in the chassis.

Hi!

I live in the EU and a rackmount chassis would have set me back almost 400€. That's way too much for a box of steel. So this amazing guy who builds custom stuff for guitarists made one for me, worryingly inexpensive. It's being painted as I write this so I can't post a picture of it. But if you're interested please pm me and I'll keep you updated. I mean, the autocad drawings are already done so ordering a frame from him can't be too difficult.

/Ben

wowzers thats a lot of cash.would it fit in a regular rack do you reckon?

Yeah it's the size of a 4U 19" rack. 5U if you want the reverb as well.. check out soulman vintage tone on instagram..

Just wanted to add a pic of the rackmount Soulman Vintage Tone built for me.

http://i.imgur.com/fPg0rwu.jpg

Nice!How much did it cost all in and does the lonestar fit into it nicely?

Latest posts

Back