I'm confused

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodleboy

Reaction score
I'm a clean tone guy and I'm wondering which model(s) would be my best bet. I don't use high gain stuff at all and a little bit of dirt would be a nice option if available. I own a mini rec 25 but not enough balls to hang with my drummer.
Lone Star classic or Lone Star Special?
Which has the best clean headroom and tone I'll work with the rest. I guess this comes down to 6L6 vs EL84.
Thanks.

Noodleboy said:
I'm a clean tone guy and I'm wondering which model(s) would be my best bet. I don't use high gain stuff at all and a little bit of dirt would be a nice option if available. I own a mini rec 25 but not enough balls to hang with my drummer.
Lone Star classic or Lone Star Special?
Which has the best clean headroom and tone I'll work with the rest. I guess this comes down to 6L6 vs EL84.
Thanks.

Depends on how much headroom you need. Either amp will hang with a drummer and both sound great. The Special is 30 watts, the Classic can go 100 watts.
I've payed both, and own a Classic that I always play at 100 watts. The best clean sound I've ever heard.

The thing I liked about the LSS is that it broke up easier than the LSC. If you're looking for headroom you want the LSC.

If you want clean and a little bit of drive you can set either amp up with two clean channels. One channel set purely clean, and the other set so that it gets just a bit of hair on it... like a Fender that's been turned up too loud.

Noodleboy said:
Thanks Daisy
LSC it's gotta be.

That's the right choice. I just started playing my LSC over my Roadster and there is something about Channel 1 at 100 watts.

I own a lonestar classic, mark V, and mark V:25. I've also owned nearly every series/model since !982. If you love cleans, the Lonestar Classic has the richest, best cleans. With channel 2, you also can have a second pristine clean, slightly gritty clean or full on "mark style" lead tone. When I use two guitars on a gig, I'll set up two clean channels to best suit each guitar's voice.

Latest posts

Back