need help on wood ID

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big John

Reaction score
My first post! Woo Hoo! I usually hang on the MLP forum, but I figured y'all would have a better grip on my question. I recently picked up this LS combo locally and I have no idea what the cab shell is made out of. Any ideas?

IMG_1794_zps97emzmyv.jpg

IMG_1795_zpsrosfcg8g.jpg

IMG_1796_zpsqwigoicz.jpg

Hard to say but it may be maple or even walnut.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/design-gallery/index.html

I would email the photos to Mesa. They may even be able to identify based on the serial number.

Thanks for the responses. I'm going run it by a luthier friend next week and get his take on it. I'll tell you one thing...this amp is NOT light.

Big John said:
Thanks for the responses. I'm going run it by a luthier friend next week and get his take on it. I'll tell you one thing...this amp is NOT light.

Welcome to the world of Mesa Boogie......I don't think they make a "light" amp. They are all built like tanks.

babow2 said:
The standard lone star combo is heavy, so it isn't the hardwood alone.

Correctomundo.

The listed weight of a Lonestar Classic 1x12 is a bit heavier than a Twin Reverb.

I have a LSS head. Is the body of LSS maple under the tolex? I was thinking of removing the tolex and putting a nice finish on the raw wood. Anyone seen this done?

Back