The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:02 am 
Mark I

Great! I'm using the La Grange for now on channel 1 (clean). I've setup channel 2 of the LSC with a nice warm crunch which comes very close to the La Grange at medium gain settings. I use the LSC 'thick' setting which is described as a 'plexi' setting. It's fun to experiment with this amp and i'm really beginning to like channel 2 of the LSC.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:27 pm 
Mark III

I have had the same "love" with my Barber Burn Unit OD pedal. With its two channels, I actually have killer OD lead tones for each of the two channels.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:33 am 
Mark I

After some more experimentation with the Lonestar drive channel 2 and the Bogner La Grange on channel 1 (clean) i came to the conclusion that the Lonestar is capable of getting similar Marshall plexi drive tones like the La Grange with the advantage that the Lonestar is all tube driven goodness! With the Lonestar at the 'thick' setting and lets say the gain at 2:00 and the drive also around 2:00 you can get the same gain structure and tone as by setting the La Grange at medium gain, tone and blend around 12:00 and gain around 12:00! By pushing the Drive and gain on the Lonestar even more you can go to high gain plexi tones like the La Grange. Only watch out with the bass settings on the Lonestar which should be set around 9:00 or lower! Just like a real plexi btw LOL.

So my advise to all Lonestar owners would be not to buy the La Grange because channel 2 of the Lonestar can give you similar and imho even better Marshall alike (plexi) sounds. Only if you want to run channel 2 on the clean setting the La Grange can add some nice plexi flavours or if you want a third gain channel. For now i'm using the La Grange as a third high gain solo channel. Its an excellent drive pedal but the same can be said about the Lonestar Drive channel.