LSS popping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonRoseUK

Reaction score
Hi LSS owners - new to the Board and just bought a 4 year old LSS. All seems fine with background noise and tubes - there's a popping sound when switching between power settings and knocking the standby off - the latter happens on all power settings, both channels. The louder the output volume, the louder the popping.
IS this usual? Thanks. S

SimonRoseUK said:
Hi LSS owners - new to the Board and just bought a 4 year old LSS. All seems fine with background noise and tubes - there's a popping sound when switching between power settings and knocking the standby off - the latter happens on all power settings, both channels. The louder the output volume, the louder the popping.
IS this usual? Thanks. S

I would like to know as well. I have a LSC 100/50/10 and lately I've been using the 2nd channel on 5W and clean channel on 100 and every time I switch between the two I hear a loud pop depending on the volume like you said.

I've had several LSS's over the last 20 years or so. They pop during shut down for me too. Don't know why, I turn the volume off then hit the power switch off.

SimonRoseUK said:
IS this usual? Thanks. S

Yes, this is normal. Happens in Mark Vs as well.

Sometimes you can reduce the problem by cycling through channels before turning on Standby.

I have the same issue, checked with tech support at Mesa. They said it is normal. I turn down the guitar volume and switch to clean channel before I put on standby or change wattage. Seems to help. The tech guy said it is not a problem and wont hurt the speaker.

Latest posts

Back