Lonestar CLassic with Recto 2x12 vertical slant

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsky

Reaction score
I'm currently playing my Lonestar through the Mesa 27" 1x12 3/4 open back cabinet, with no complaints. But then again, I've never tried it through another speaker cabinet. I live in a relatively small town, and someone locally just posted a Rectifier 2x12 vertical slant, closed back with v30's for a decent price. So, I'm kind of intrigued, as this would be a pretty painless acquisition. Normally I have to drive 1-2 hours to make used purchases.

Has anyone tried this setup? My current cab has the C90, and 3/4 back, so it seems like the Recto cab would sound completely different.

--=Chuck

I have a 2x12 vertical slant, but have never played it through a Lonestar. However, you can expect a heavier, tighter low end with more focus than your 3/4 open back. I have Mark IV combo with the 3/4 open back with the black shadow and switching between each cabinet is a significant difference in the low end and more focused response from the 2x12. I really like both sounds from each cabinet. I guess it depends on the application and what you play most. I'm finding I really like the 3/4 open back on the Mark IV combo.

So...I bought it :) I gotta say, I like it better than the single 12" cab. It may be my guitars (ASAT Special and an ASAT Bluesboy P90), but I always thought with the single 12" cab that I couldn't get enough treble out of my tone knob on the guitar. Now, I've got considerably more treble, without sacrificing the bottom end. Maybe even more midrange, but I'm not sure about that yet. Night and day difference? No. But better :)

Latest posts

Back