LSS Servicing?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J200george

Reaction score
Hi All

My LSS is a good few years old now, think it was one of the early ones that kept blowing tubes (I bought it second hand) and it is still immaculate, therefore it is most likely the best part of ten years old. I had to replace a tube a short time ago and did so with a stock mesa, I swapped out the stock speaker for a celestion gold and the amp is sweet.

How often do you guys get your amps serviced (if at all?), I don't have any issues whatsoever and the amp to my ears still sounds lively.

If a service is well overdue, I may get the reeder mod done at the same time because I really cant use channel two at all.

Any thoughts? advice? I only really get her up to stage volumes once a month and the rest of the time I am tinkering and practicing in my man cave.

Mine's been in the shop twice. The first the resister grid blew, and the tech did the factory recommended mod (I also had one of the early ones). 2 months ago I blew some circuitry after replacing the rectifier tube. It's fuzzy what the story there is, but people on this board have recommended using a NOS rectifier tube.

Other than that, since it's fixed bias, I have just replaced tubes at the first sign (sound) of trouble, and it's all good. Sometimes it's obvious (power tube), sometimes it just doesn't sound right (preamp tube) etc. But if you hear anything, start swapping tubes and save yourself grief.

Latest posts

Back