Lonestar 2.0, will it ever happen?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
Its been around for over 10 years, i think.Would a revision with maybe 3 channels or an improved channel 2 ever be a possibility?Ive had both the classic and the special and moved them on eventually (currently have a mark V) but Im missing them lately.Something really magical about channel 1 and channel 2 has its plus points.Have been considering picking another one up but i know channel 2,while good for single note leads isnt really great for tight rhythm stuff and I would just become frustrated with it again.If not a 2.0 maybe a mini lonestar,like the mini mark v,recto etc.Although the special is kind of a mini version.

I would be all over a Lonestar Mini.
I have two Transatlantic 1x12 23" cabs. A Lonestar mini would be a killer little stack.
I've been keeping my eye out for an older short head, but they just aren't popping up.

diddlydan said:
Its been around for over 10 years, i think.Would a revision with maybe 3 channels or an improved channel 2 ever be a possibility?Ive had both the classic and the special and moved them on eventually (currently have a mark V) but Im missing them lately.Something really magical about channel 1 and channel 2 has its plus points.Have been considering picking another one up but i know channel 2,while good for single note leads isnt really great for tight rhythm stuff and I would just become frustrated with it again.If not a 2.0 maybe a mini lonestar,like the mini mark v,recto etc.Although the special is kind of a mini version.

I don't understand you guys that don't like the od channel. The eq needs to be set up differently, but once you find it, the amp sounds as good as any Marshall, Bogner, Soldano etc... The amp shines in a band setting and really sounds great. Why do you think so many touring pros use them.. Even the country guys use them.

I hope Mesa does make a Lonestar mini head...I'll buy one!

Just imagine....50watts, dual 6L6 with reverb, Lonestar classic clean tone, and the small size of a
Mark V 25.

I think Mesa would sell a ton of these, and I'll buy the first one.

73171 said:
I hope Mesa does make a Lonestar mini head...I'll buy one!

Just imagine....50watts, dual 6L6 with reverb, Lonestar classic clean tone, and the small size of a
Mark V 25.

I think Mesa would sell a ton of these, and I'll buy the first one.

They just did. Its called the TC-50.. :lol:

They were able to get alot of tones in the TC-50. The problem is, it is not the Lone Star clean. Its good, its really good but not the LS. Of course this was with EL-34's.. I wanted to love the TC-50 but I ended up playing the LS the whole time. :)

When the first LoneStar came out there were several updates and revisions over the years, even some minor changes on the second channel. The later added class A - 10 watt setting you may call the LSC Mark II version. Its a classic and going for a 50 watt smaller version would be pointless imo as the current LoneStar head version already has those features and more. The Lonestar head is not as big as a Marshall and the weight is reasonable. No need for a smaller LS. So i would guess, no this is never gonna happen.

If you want a smaller Lonestar, do what I did- have a custom head shell or smaller combo cabinet made. My combo is now the size of an Express, and almost half the weight of the standard combo. It is grab and go size with all the tone intact.

I have never understood the complaints about Ch 2's lack of high gain. The channel is modeled after the original Mark I circuit. It isn't intended to be a high gain type amp. I use my Mark V for high gain, but use the LSC for lower gain situations. I find it does well for what it was designed to do.

Latest posts

Back