Lonestar Special

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67plexi

Reaction score
I have a Lonestar Special on my bench it had fried resistors on the power tube board and bias resistors on the main board
It has been rebuilt many times. After replacing all resistors in question I did a voltage chart on the amp every thing worked until I played
the amp at full volume on the 30 watt mode then it smoked the resistors on the other side of the power tube board then changed the
faulty resistors now it works in the 5/15 watt mode but not the 30 watt. My voltages are within spec but I think I have a current flow
problem on the two EL84's farthest from the 5y3 red plating. I used Russian 6N14N-EP quad. I contacted a friend that is an authorized
Mesa dealer and service center but he cant help me and send a new power tube board. Any help would be appreciated.
I do all the amp repairs for my local music store. The customer owns 40 of the Mesa Lonestar Special amps it's a major corporation
All the amps are in some form of disrepair. The first mesa LSS was a walk in the park compared to #2

Best regards, Steve.

Update I have a bad output transformer and it's a Magnetic Components #40-16640 18 each minimum order if any one can help me out
on a single OPT.

Steve.

Latest posts

Back