Mystery Screw

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suave Eddie

Reaction score
The other day I was transporting my Lonestar Classic to a gig in the back of my Rav4.
When I went to remove the amp from the back of the car, I discovered the small screw shown in the enclosed photo next to the amp. I have to assume it came from inside somewhere. It is a very small screw. Do you have any idea where it may have come from? What's a good place to start looking?

Screw_zpsbi92kgwo.jpg

That looks like a chrome plated oval head screw from a guitar pickguard. I don't think a Lonestar has a screw like that in it.

I sent this query to a rep at Mesa. He says it looks like it may be for a clamp on either the power cord or the reverb wires. I won't be able to get to the amp for a week or so to take a look. I'll update this when I do.

Thanks for your efforts. That is really strange. The location I discovered the screw made it appear that there was no other source for it. It may have been in the storage bag attached to the interior of the amp. As I bought the amp used, I have no idea what may have been stored in that bag. Which brings up the question -- what is the intended purpose of that bag? I've been using it either for foot pedal or power cord storage.

Latest posts

Back