Lonestar Classic Owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lef T

Reaction score
Greetings from Canada,
Been doing a lot of reading up on the LSC and thought I should join up here.
Spent most of my life playing Fenders.
My last amp was a Twin Reverb Reissue.
Way too heavy for an old man to haul and I'm wanting new sounds and the ability to get some light
breakup on the amp.
I'm thinking LSC head with a 1x12 or 2x12.
Home playing,jamming out and possibly some gigging.
I like blues,R&B,soul,jazz,fusion,rock.
I love the tones Larry Carlton gets on Last Nite.
Warm and lightly overdriven.
There's a few Mesa dealers a couple hours drive from me,but haven,t found one with a LSC to try out.
What cab do you like with your LSC.
Lonestar 1x12 or 2x12.
I've also seen the Royal Atlantic cab,which is a bit bigger than the LS cab.
I've tested the Lone Star Special and that was sweet,but I want lots of clean.
Played the Express 5.50 plus combo,but wasn,t knocked out.
I've always been partial to open back cabs,but am open to all suggestions.
I've also read where the LSC is bass heavy,but I never believe everything I read until I hear the amp myself

It sounds great thru any cab. That RA cab will work fine. as for the bass, the bass can be turned down, as well as the mids which are low mids.

I recently purchased a Lonestar Classic head with matching 2 x 12" cab. I play a Warmoth hollow body Strat with Seymour Duncan California 50s pickups (just switched out Lace pups). The bass is certainly strong in this one, but I've found that the controls offer an astounding range of tones from glass shattering treble to deep muddy bass. Portability is a plus with the head/cab arrangement, although neither the cab or the head are light (around 50/60 lbs each).

So far I've gotten nothing but kudos for the tones I've dialed up. I'd read where some people couldn't find a pleasing tone setting and got rid of their Lonestars, but that's just not the case here. click on the link below for a pic.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156267824235591&set=gm.10153316791403479&type=3&theater

I love my LSC. I bought it when I was playing a strat loaded with Kinman Blues AVN pickups. I lived on channel 1 and never got along with Channel 2 until I got a Les Paul. The LSC takes pedals very well and even though I have a Roadster, I still love playing my Lonestar. I originally bought a 2x12 combo but made a head shell and split it up because it was way too heavy to deal with. It's more manageable as separate units. The Black Shadow speakers are good, but I have always wanted to try a celestion gold 1x12 or 2x12. I've ready many reviews of the gold pairing nicely with either the LSC or LSS.

Latest posts

Back