Running 2 Lonestar series amps but have a few questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshmillerpilot

Reaction score
I recently added a Lonestar Classic head to my quiver and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I run the head through a new-ish Orange PPC 4x12 cab with V30's. I have owned a Lonestar Special for 3 or so years now and felt like the Classic could add some substance to my live sound and ultimately compliment my Special. I never felt that my Special was lacking in the tone department, but I will admit that I missed the headroom of a 100 watt 6l6 design. (Prior to the Lonestars I owned an Electra Dyne 1x12 combo, F-50 1x12 combo, and a Triple Rec head through a 4x12 Mesa cab). I use an ABY box and run the Classic and Special together. Both are on all the time and it sounds wonderful!!! My issue is this......I need to be able to switch both amps from clean to dirty simultaneously and that can get complicated. I have to tap both foot switches (one with my right foot and one with my left) at the same time and sometimes it doesn't work out so well. I realize that there may be some options out there that would entail a midi setup, but I absolutely do not want to go that route. Is there a way that I can just use 1 Lonestar footswitch but be able to control both amps??? I've been told that I can not do such a thing but my sources are not what I would call overly knowledgeable. I've done some online research as well but I can not find any reliable answers. Just to clarify once again here's what I need......I need to use 1 Lonestar footswitch to change both amps simultaneously from clean to dirty, and vice versa. I'm not concerned with the functionality of the solo boost as I hard bypass the fx loop on the back of both amps. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I would look at something like the Octa-switch from Carl Martin or some of the switching systems from the guys at Gig Rig.

I've heard good things about the folks at Gig Rig. I didn't know they were able to make such a pedal. I'll give them a call. I appreciate the input.

Solder a set of parallel wires off the existing jack to a 2nd TRS jack. Or find a local dude to do it.

Latest posts

Back