Lonestar Classic, 6v6's, 10 watts?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To all the wise folks out there. I am a pleased owner of a Lonestar Classic (as well as a Lonestar Special), and I've read about various folks' experiences with 6v6's in the Classic. I'm curious to try this, and I understand from reading old threads that the LSC does fine (against the advice of the owner's manual) with modern robust 6v6's (such as JJ's or EH) in both Tweed and full power settings, at both 100 and 50 watts. I haven't seen anything about the advisability/viability of trying this in the 10 watt setting. Has anybody tried this? Even if the tubes could handle it, I realize there may be a problem with impedence/loading, but I don't understand those issues well enough to calculate it.

Are you looking at the 6v6 option for a tone / response change or volume drop?

The flexibility of the LSC power settings, variac and a great master output control allow you to operate at almost any volume permutation. Not sure I see the advantage of installing a smaller 6L6 type tube ..

Yup I love the versatility of the amp. Curious to try the 6v6's at some point just to expand the tonal variety of what's available...as some have reported that the 6v6's sound great in the amp...an interesting different flavor.

Latest posts

Back