Lonestar classic volume issue - tweed setting - clean channe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonnf

Reaction score
Just got a 2004 lonestar classic head and 4x10 cab (in blue tolex!) Super excited about it. But there are two issues.

1 - The volume in Tweed setting for the clean channel is often about 1/3 or what it should be (It's always fine for channel 2). Sometimes I can "fix" this by switching over to the full setting and then back to Tweed...and...voila! Sometimes this doesn't work though. Once it do get the Tweed/Clean working at an appropriate volume ...if I switch to channel 2 and then back to channel 1 ...the volume problem emerges again. I did swap out all tubes to test and the problem remained...so I don't think it is a tube issue. Also, switching to 50 or 100 amps does not affect the issue.

2 - The solo button on the footswitch does not light up and does not seem to change the characteristic of the sound at all. Perhaps the pedal is faulty?

I called Mesa-Boogie and they suggested a repair place...but it's 5 hours away and I don't plan on going there any time soon.

Otherwise...the amp seems to working well and has a great sound.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

lonnf said:
Just got a 2004 lonestar classic head and 4x10 cab (in blue tolex!) Super excited about it. But there are two issues.

1 - The volume in Tweed setting for the clean channel is often about 1/3 or what it should be (It's always fine for channel 2). Sometimes I can "fix" this by switching over to the full setting and then back to Tweed...and...voila! Sometimes this doesn't work though. Once it do get the Tweed/Clean working at an appropriate volume ...if I switch to channel 2 and then back to channel 1 ...the volume problem emerges again. I did swap out all tubes to test and the problem remained...so I don't think it is a tube issue. Also, switching to 50 or 100 amps does not affect the issue.

2 - The solo button on the footswitch does not light up and does not seem to change the characteristic of the sound at all. Perhaps the pedal is faulty?

I called Mesa-Boogie and they suggested a repair place...but it's 5 hours away and I don't plan on going there any time soon.

Otherwise...the amp seems to working well and has a great sound.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

On the pedal - did you make sure you have the proper TRS/Stereo cable? There is really nothing in the pedal other than a switch, resistor, and LED - and 99% of the time its related to the use of a mono cable or faulty TRS cable. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply...it does seem to have the right TRS cable...but perhaps it is faulty...I'll swap one in and see what happens. Cheers!

Did you ever resolve the volume problem with your clean channel? I'm experiencing something similar, but with my channel 2.

Latest posts

Back