Lonestar 1X12 100w/50w v.1 or v.2 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suave Eddie

Reaction score
I just obtained a used Lonestar 1X12 100w/50w and was going to download the user manual from the Mesa site. They reference a v.1 and a v.2.
What is the difference in versions and how do I tell which I have?

I cannot locate the serial number either -- where would it be located? Is there a way to determine the age of the amp?

It appears to be mint condition. Was $650 a good price?
Did these come with casters? I have a feeling these are after-market wheels -- they are non removable.

Thanks for any info.

Lonestar1_zps602193f4.jpg

I should have researched a bit further before posting this. I looked at the user manual for v.2 and it references three settings -- 100w, 50w, and 10w. Mine does not have a 10w setting so it must be version one.
I still would like to know the age and where the serial number is located.

Thanks

The serial number is stamped on a metal plate on the underside of the chassis. Regarding the casters, are there large metal plates that the casters attach to, or are the casters screwed directly to the cabinet?

The casters are screwed directly to the cabinet. This is what makes me believe they are after market. I've seen other Boogies with casters that were removable.

I located the serial number and Mesa support tells me that my amp left Petaluma July 6, 2005.

I assume the second versions with the 10 watt option are more desirable.

Was $650 for my v.1 in mint condition a good deal?

Yes, good deal. I don't think mesa put these out with no casters. Those casters should slide out with the push of the stop button. If I could see a pic of them, I could ID if they're original or something else.

I brought it practice last night and was able to really put it through it's paces for the first time.
I was completely blown away. Even if I never used anything but the clean channel it would still be well worth the price.

I started with the sample settings in the user manual. Both channels on 100W. First channel sparkling clean and channel two with a bit of overdrive. The clean channel reminds me of a BF Twin sound -- so big and full even at relatively low volume.

I was always impressed with my friend's Lonestar Special (EL-84, 5-15-30W) but had no experience with the larger model.

I think I got a GREAT deal. I was actually considering spending similar $$ for something like a Hot Rod Deluxe. This thing blows those out of the water -- not to mention the build quality and dependability aspects.

plan-x said:
Yes, good deal. I don't think mesa put these out with no casters. Those casters should slide out with the push of the stop button. If I could see a pic of them, I could ID if they're original or something else.

I don't have the amp with me now to take photos of the casters, but I am sure they are not the Mesa provided removable ones. Unfortunately they are one piece and screwed directly to the cabinet.

Well, if that's the case, they might still be removable. I have installed Marshall casters on a few of my cabs that are removable. Just grab the wheel and pull straight out.

The Lonestars may well be the fattest, fullest combos out there and always are sweet sounding when you pull one up to a jam session. Plug one up to a 4x12. It's practically to big of a sound. :lol:

The first thing I did when I saw the wheels was to try to pull the caster straight out. These do not come out.

Suave Eddie said:
I just obtained a used Lonestar 1X12 100w/50w and was going to download the user manual from the Mesa site. They reference a v.1 and a v.2.
What is the difference in versions and how do I tell which I have?

I cannot locate the serial number either -- where would it be located? Is there a way to determine the age of the amp?

It appears to be mint condition. Was $650 a good price?
Did these come with casters? I have a feeling these are after-market wheels -- they are non removable.

Thanks for any info.

Lonestar1_zps602193f4.jpg

A **** good purchase even with right/wrong castors . . enjoy :D

Latest posts

Back