Solo stopped working on LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J200george

Reaction score
Thought I was going nuts... Tried loop hard bypass, all sorts of trials like taking all effects and effects loop out.... Ended up the footswitch cable is open circuit somewhere, the channel select works but solo doesn't. Need to check the continuity. Just thought I'd share.

So did you check the cable to make sure it has continuity? Or is it in the box? You have 3 conductors in that cable, so it can switch 2 different things.

Also, there must be another 12AX7 cascade gain stage added when you kick in Solo, check your 12AX7s.

I had a problem with the solo button not working. It turned out that the solder connection where the switch is soldered to the board in the foot pedal came loose. I took it apart and re-flowed the solder and beefed them up a little bit and it was all good again. I also replaced the right angle TRS with a Neutrik right angle TRS. It is much better quality and less prone to fail. I have not had a problem with the footpedal since.

Definitely the cable. Strange cos it gets no movement. Swapped for another stereo lead I had available.

rfrakes said:
So did you check the cable to make sure it has continuity? Or is it in the box? You have 3 conductors in that cable, so it can switch 2 different things.

Also, there must be another 12AX7 cascade gain stage added when you kick in Solo, check your 12AX7s.

There is no additional gain stage when the Solo function is activated...its simply 2 volume pots in series. It has absolutely nothing tube related. Thanks

Latest posts

Back