Lonestar with strat

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VJM

Reaction score
I have been real happy with my Lonestar Classic and Rectifier cab but was primarily using guitars equipped with humbuckers. I'm starting to get back into playing my strats but am having a hard time getting the same quality of sound from the amp with single coils. Do most of you strat players use the open back Lonestar cab? I am assuming the closed back Rectifier cab may be the issue because when I am playing a strat through my Fender HRD it sounds great. Any suggestions or settings? Thanks in advance!

I had a combo and pulled out the guts and put them in a head, but I still play through the 2x12 open back speaker cab and it sounds great. I think you have 2 things affecting what you're hearing. The closed back is part of the problem. It provides some punch but doesn't let the higher frequencies bounce around the room. The second issue is the V30's. I think black shadows offer better tones for single coils (especially in an open back format). My strat sounds amazing through my lonestar CH1. CH2 is another story. Never got great lead / crunch tones with single coils. Need humbuckers for CH2 to be decent.

Back