Lonestar Classic vs Special???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitaryzt1985

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been beaten to death. I did a little research but nothing really answered my question.

On the clean channel, do the Classic and Special sound pretty similar? I would expect the Special to sound completely different than the Classic do to the EL84s and lower wattage. Is it going to be similar to the Express series where the 5:50 sounds cleaner and more Fendery and the 5:25 has a little more hair to the cleans?

I don't need the wattage of the Classic, and I do tend to dig EL84 amps, but I just have this perception that the Special isn't as "fat" as the Classic. Any truth to my perception?

gitaryzt1985 said:
Sorry if this has been beaten to death. I did a little research but nothing really answered my question.

On the clean channel, do the Classic and Special sound pretty similar? I would expect the Special to sound completely different than the Classic do to the EL84s and lower wattage. Is it going to be similar to the Express series where the 5:50 sounds cleaner and more Fendery and the 5:25 has a little more hair to the cleans?

I don't need the wattage of the Classic, and I do tend to dig EL84 amps, but I just have this perception that the Special isn't as "fat" as the Classic. Any truth to my perception?

Yes. It's not far off, and as I'm sure you've read the cleans on the Special are glorious. They're both great. But the LSC is definitely a bit fatter and has more oomph. The Special is glassier and has a little more shimmer.

Latest posts

Back