Fx loop level

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadlyDrawnBoy

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here, recently acquired a LSS 2x12 combo, which I'm really enjoying.

I'm just having some difficulty with the loop. In the loop I have a couple of strymon pedals, loop send into mobius into timeline into loop return. The problem is I. Need to have the loop at full level, and even then I don't get the same volume as if I bypass the loop. I've been told before this could be due to low channel volume, but it doesn't make a difference.

Could this be a tube issue, or something else?

Appreciate any tips, thanks.

Forgive me for a potentially silly question(s) but I'm not familiar with the LSS specs.

Is it a parallel loop?

Do those pedals have send and return controls? Are any kill dry engaged?

BadlyDrawnBoy said:
Hi,

I'm new here, recently acquired a LSS 2x12 combo, which I'm really enjoying.

I'm just having some difficulty with the loop. In the loop I have a couple of strymon pedals, loop send into mobius into timeline into loop return. The problem is I. Need to have the loop at full level, and even then I don't get the same volume as if I bypass the loop. I've been told before this could be due to low channel volume, but it doesn't make a difference.

Could this be a tube issue, or something else?

Appreciate any tips, thanks.

I notice this is an old posting, but if you've not solved the problem, this may help. I've both LSS & LC and their loop levels are never higher than 1 O'clock and my effects pedals set their output levels. I use delays via my loops and even if my channel volumes are less than noon I don't have a problem. Easy to check for a tube issue, just swap it around with the reverb tube :idea:

In my effects loop I run in order, a tc nova delay nd1 -> mxr EVH phase 90 ->boss rc300 loop station.

My rc300 with master volume at 50% seems to create a lot of background buzz.

I'm having a challenge setting the correct loop volume and master volume on the amp lss 1x12.... It's a balance between noisy background, loops too loud and guitar too quiet....

Any tips.... I'm almost at the ripping the lot out, plugging direct and going back to basics.

Latest posts

Back