LSS Tube Cocktail?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
My brother owns a LSS and he's due for a retube. He is wondering if anyone has any suggestions for tube cocktails. He said he uses an ECC83 short place in V1 for a clearer tone. He wants to address the usual complaints about the amp.

Also, what's this about rectifier problems? Only use a Mesa tube for the rectifier? I searched the tube subforum and found really nothing there about tubes. Thanks in advance, keep rocking out!

YellowJacket, the issue is I accidentally got a groove tube EL84 in there. It Red Plated took a fuse, Rec Tube, and the Power Tube. I sent it to Mesa Boogie for Repair. Only Mesa Boogie Power tubes should be used and the pairs should be matched.There is a Current Reduction mod that involves moving so wires at the base of the Rec Tube.

If he doesn't use it in 5 watt mode (like I do) then no worry diodes are doing the Rectifying for the 15 and 30 watt modes. So if he is going to use it in 5 watt mode maybe he should consider taking it to Mesa Boogie authorized repair to have it modded. I don't notice any loss of the Sweet Spot.

Latest posts

Back