Lonestar V2...what are the changes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TremoJem

Reaction score
I recently looked online at the website and got the impression there have been some upgrades to the Lonestar.

I tried to stay away from this as, I have two Tremoverbs, and can't afford another amp, but I could not stay away.

For some odd reason I thought it was discontinued.

What are the upgrades to the 2x12 100W combo?

Thanks

V2 of the Lone Star is most tangibly about the addition of the 10w/Class A power mode, along with the 50 and 100 watt settings. Version 1 only sported the 50/100 watt options.

I have only really experienced my own V1 LSC, so I can't vouch for some of the claims that the original version sounds slightly better. :lol: It seems plausible that there could be a subtle difference, because the addition of that 10w setting is a significant alteration of the power circuit. The reason I know this is that my amp tech, who's basically a wizard with this sort of thing, came up empty when looking for a way to modify mine with the 10w option (separately, in each channel -- switching both to 10 watts at once could be done, but not individually without basically a PCB swap).

Anyway, it's all about the 10 watt option. Speaker config options are all the same.

The 10W settings are excellent on both channels (particularly with the loop bypassed). I'm glad I got the V2 version

The interaction of Class A power with drive settings in CH2 is addictive, producing some great crunch and singing leads with a sweeter, hazier top end that works very well for blues / classic rock

TremoJem said:
I recently looked online at the website and got the impression there have been some upgrades to the Lonestar.

I tried to stay away from this as, I have two Tremoverbs, and can't afford another amp, but I could not stay away.

For some odd reason I thought it was discontinued.

What are the upgrades to the 2x12 100W combo?

Thanks

Keep in mind this change took place in 2007...so definitely not a a recent change. Thanks!

I was told by MB that the Class a powere designis proprietary to MB. Not your single tube Class A, but a pair of the EL-84s are involved. So there is a slight push-pull tube pairing to this Class A style.

Latest posts

Back