NOS Tubes for LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh Person

Reaction score
Hello LSC users! Anyone experienced with NOS tubes replacements for LSC? Something like that: http://www.thetubestore.com/Shop-by-Amp/Mesa-Boogie-Lone-Star-Amp/Mesa-Boogie-Lonestar-Vintage-Package.
Does it really improves the sound that much (as it's pretty expensive)?

Not as much as I would like to have. It's an expensive game to get into, but it can also be fun if the money is not a big deal. I think the magical improvements with NOS tubes might be the sort of thing only the player really notices, which might be reason enough to do it, if the feel or tone compels you to play better... But so far I have not found the magical combination, though that doesn't mean it's not out there.

However you *can* get great tone without spending that kind of money, with current production tubes (Mullard, Tungsol, SED, etc).

Gonna order nos rca black plates 195x all around, just need to decide 6l6 vs 6v6... I've heard they 're just the best, and if they're, then does this automatically make you win this retube game, or if it's just a very subjective thing how the hell one tube can be better than another? Also few questions: 4x matched power tubes or 2xmatched pairs? Do 12ax7's need to be matched at all?

Latest posts

Back