Lonestar special, does it cut through the mix on clean?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
Ive done a hell of a lot of research on this amp,ive played it numerous times and i really like it.From what ive read on numerous forums the drive channel tends to get buried in a live band situation and a speaker change,tube change,reeder mod etc etc have all been suggested.Now personally id like to leave the amp stock as i dont fancy going down the road of trying different speakers every month or any of that head wrecking stuff.How does the clean channel sound in a band mix?When i say band mix now i mean through a PA with the lonestar miked up.This is the only way ill be gigging it so the amp wont be cranked by any means so 30 watts is more than enough in my opinion.Is it only the drive channel with this issue or does the clean channel get buried too?Thanks

Any good FOH person should have no problem getting your amp to cut through. I've had house people tell me to bring down the highs a bit or take off a bit of drive on my amp, even though it's rare for them to do that. Still plenty of guitar players that think their stage sound is exactly what comes through the PA.

All in all, the FOH will most likely boost your mids and presence to compensate for the cymbals/keyboards/singer... ect. If you're playing in a well known venue, you should trust your sound person. Local dives and smaller places are a different story. You get what you don't pay for. :lol:

Latest posts

Back