Lonestar needs a retube?Just bought 2nd hand,really quiet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
Just picked up a lonestar classic on ebay and it arrived today.Plugged it in and checked everything on it to make sure it was all ok.All the knobs,switches etc are working fine.Its not very loud though.Even on the 100 watt setting with the master up full i could still hold a conversation over it.The drive channel is a bit noisey too.My mate reckons its most likely tubes.It currently has groove tubes in it and they look pretty old as in the bottom of them is sort of black ish.Hopefully a retube is all thats required.Thanks in advance

You need to get Mesa Boogie Power tubes and possibly MB pre-amp tubes put back in it. I accidently put a GT in for a power tube and caused a meltdown. Rec & Power Tube, fuse and possibly a Power Transformer could have been fried cause of a runaway power tube.

VR, Ron

I agree with your mate it is likely to be tubes

I've bought a number of used Mesa's in the past, and re-tubed both pre and power sections. Never once had an issue (other than a reverb tank blow on a Roadster) after that

Back