Speaker swap- which one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axe dude

Reaction score
Since I need to get a new speaker for my LSS 1-12 combo, I was thinking of possibly taking the Fane speaker out of my Kendrick K-Spot- trying it in the LSS, and trying something different in the K-Spot.
Has anyone tried a Fane speaker in a LSS? I'm not really happy with it in the K-Spot.

Probably won't get a lot of replies here if the question is about Fanes. :)
Lots of folks like a Gold in their LSS (myself included).

djw said:
Probably won't get a lot of replies here if the question is about Fanes. :)
Lots of folks like a Gold in their LSS (myself included).
I really don't care for the Fane blue frame that is in my K-Spot amp. My Celestion Gold should be here next week, and it's going in my LSS.
I wonder what speaker would be best in my K-Spot? Another Gold?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sadly I don't have any help for you there. I would hold off on another Gold, as they're expensive and -- from what tiny, little bit I know about the Kendrick -- you might want to go with something more power handling than the Gold's 50w. I like the WGS HP Blackhawk for a high-powered Alnico speaker (really great with the LSC), though I don't know how it would work with the Kendrick.

djw said:
Sadly I don't have any help for you there. I would hold off on another Gold, as they're expensive and -- from what tiny, little bit I know about the Kendrick -- you might want to go with something more power handling than the Gold's 50w. I like the WGS HP Blackhawk for a high-powered Alnico speaker (really great with the LSC), though I don't know how it would work with the Kendrick.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.
The K-Spot is rated at 35 watts, but I can barely turn it past 1 on the volume! It's way too loud and mid-rangy to get the tones I thought I could get.

Latest posts

Back