Lonester Classic v1 buzzing/static sound on Channel 2.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fizzle

Reaction score
Hello,

My Lonestar Classic v1 100w 1X12 has started making a buzzing sound on Channel 2. It's pretty annoying and is doing it more and more lately... almost every time I plug in now.

It's similar to a hum like from a single stack pickup, but it's actually more of a constant static.

I've ruled out the guitar (tried 3 different ones, does it on all three).

There's no interference anywhere either... I've unplugged everything else off of the circuit.

I've also tried different cables, and it doesn't make a difference either.

Any ideas or input that might help would be greatly appreciated. I can try to answer any questions, but my general knowledge is really limited unfortunately. Hoping it might be something simple and won't need to be taken in to a shop.

Thanks in advance.
Fizzle

Hi, did you ever get this sorted out? I ask because I am having a similar issue with my LSC, but on Channel one. Sounds like there is a vibration like something is loose (nothing I can find) when playing.

It ended up being the tubes rattling a little bit. I ended up getting some silicone o-rings (tube dampers) that fit around the tubes and it nearly eliminated all buzz and vibration. I think i got them from ebay or amazon if I'm not mistaken (pretty cheap too). Sorry for the late reply, haven't had any issues with my amp since so I've been off this forum for a long while, just playin! Peace

Back