Lonestar special -50/50 power amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
Im thinking of picking up a lonestar special as it blew me away when i tried one.Ive been trying to settle on one amp with great cleans and distortion but have decided to just have 2 amps and use some pedals for heavier stuff with the lonestar so i can use it live as i have a marshall for recording etc.Anyway while researching the lonestar special the common complaint seems to be the drive channel just cant get enough of a powerful distortion as its more of an overdrive,which i would agree with.A lot of posts seem to suggest that its not so much the preamp thats stopping the lonestar from doing the high powered distortion thing but more so the power amp.This got me thinking,as i have a 50/50 power amp that i use to power a jmp preamp.What if the lonestar was connecting from the fx loop send to the 50/50 power amp?Now there will obviously be an issue with one side of the 50/50 not seeing a load so seeing as the lonestar is a 2x12 what about wiring the speakers to stereo?Now to be honest as i finish writing this im actually realising its a pretty daft idea but ill post it anyway.Would a different power section give the lonestar more of a high powered amp sound or is it just nonsense im talking lol

Latest posts

Back