Sell my (perfect) Lonestar v2 and get a Recto-Verb 25?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellem52

Reaction score
I've been struggling for years to get the volume down on my Lonestar. (Yellow Jackets etc)

Ch 1 is (of course) perfect. It's amazing.

However Ch2 is very very challenging. I've gone the Reeder Route, and back. I can make Ch 2 sound pretty close to CH 1 which is nice but it doesn't (to my ear) take pedals as well as Ch 1.

At this point I'm using my Mesa Lonestar as a Fender Princeton. I'm not using the effects loop. I'm barely using CH 2.

I saw the Recto-Verb 25 and I like the whole idea.

Any thoughts on this sort of "swap"?

I love Lonestars, even though I don't own one. I had a Recto-verb 50 for 30 days (Guitar Center) and found it to be a great amp. I returned it after I demo'd a Mark IV. I demo'd a RV 25 last month and did not like it. I didn't like the voicing or feel at all. The RV50 (6L6) had a nice "organic" feel which the RV25 did not (for me). I know what you mean about volume, which is why I have been opting for lower power EL84 amps. I like my Orange Dual Terror and LOVE my DC-3. On the DC-3 I can run the output high and the preamp masters low for nice power tube warmth.

So to answer your question, I would not do it. YMMV.

Keep the Lonestar. It's like a great blackface Fender that you can turn the gain up on.

Latest posts

Back