NSD - Celestion Gold incoming

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J200george

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have finally taken the plunge and have a celestion Gold arriving shortly....

For those of you have have done this mod on the 1x12 LSS is there anything I should know about removal of the old speaker? It looks like i will have to remove part of the rear?

Ha! i had another look round the back (so to speak)... seems straight forward... just ignore.

Done! Piece of cake.

Have say (not only cos I've spent £200 on a speaker) but the sound is quite immense.

Chimes, sings and grunts perfectly.

I'd like to describe it more technically than that but truth is I couldn't stop playing this afternoon. It was that good!

Congratulations man! A LSS with a Celestion Gold, that's an impressive piece of gear.

I also took the plunge. My Celestion Gold is on back-order. -Should have been here by now.
I'm definatly looking forward to it! :D

djw said:
Doesn't get much better than the LSS + Gold. :)
-Glad to hear it!
I live in the boonies and the only way I have of judging gear is to get other peoples opinions from forums like this.
I love my LSS, but haven't been able to rely on it at gigs because of an intermittent problem I couldn't get to the bottom of.
-Turns out to have been the stock speaker's voice coil heating up after a couple hours playing, and becoming unusable.
Musicians Friend is supposed to be shipping the Gold out tomorrow. -Can't wait to hear it. (I realize it'll take some break in time).
Oh darn- I'll have to play my guitar. :lol:

Yes, they do take some time to break in. Patience is required. Even better, if you can hook it up to an amp/power source that can run some white-noise or random music at even moderate levels, overnight, the process will go much faster. (This is so you don't waste hours on your LSS' power tubes)

Worth the wait! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back