LSS Current Reduction Mod Not Covered by Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkrysis

Reaction score
Just a heads up. After reading on this board that the current reduction and 5y3 mod would be paid for by Mesa if I took my amp to an authorized service center, I called the only shop on the list in my area. The person I talked to said that they had done a few of the mods. I then asked for verification that the cost would be covered by Mesa since the amp is out of warranty and was then told that it would cost $65.00 for an estimate, then they would call Mesa and find out what the mod entailed, then they would let me know the total of parts and labor. This didn't seem right to me so I called Mesa and left a message regarding the situation but I never received a call back. I then emailed them several times and finally was told that if the amp is out of warranty the only two options are, take it to an authorized service center or pay to ship it to Mesa and pay for the cost of parts. Since this mod is only meant for low serial number amps, I would think almost all of them are out of warranty by now. It also means that they changed something in the later amps in production to address this issue. I feel this should have been handled as an internal repair campaign on the affected amps with the cost of the repair being picked up by Mesa. I see some people are performing the mod themselves. In the sake of retaining resale value, I would rather have it professionally done. My amp is in mint condition but I know if I was to put it up for sale, anyone who knows these amps would want to know if the mod had been done and by whom.

Latest posts

Back