Need help with brownouts with LoneStar/pedal board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThrillaVanilla

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am pretty new to tube amps and need help. I have been playing through the LoneStar for about a year and have started having a problem with brownouts while playing out. It has totally destroyed my confidence when performing. Basically I have tried to trouble shoot to the best of my knowledge. When I run through the LoneStar and my effects board, I will start to experience "brownouts" during a gig. Everything that I've read and my very little experience with tube amps is that I need to find a bad tube and swap it out. The problem is that I've tried playing into the Mesa with no effect board and have had no problem. I've also run my effects board though one of my old solid state Marshall combo's and also don't have any issues. It seems to happen when my board is run though the LoneStar only. Is that possible? Is it possible that there is some kind of draw from my effects that is giving the tubes an issue? Again, I am an extreme novice with understanding amps and tubes so this I understand this may sound silly. I don't want to drop money on switching all the tubes out or worse yet bringing it in to get checked out so that a tech can tell me nothing is wrong but I will if it comes to that. All I know is that I love the beautiful sounds that come out of the LonStar when it's on point, but I need to figure this out before I have a meltdown on stage. Many thanks for any help at all - T

Latest posts

Back