Massive screw near power tubes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbmc

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently got a lonestar mkI second hand, my first boogie and I love it! I went to change the power tubes today and noticed that there was this really long screw in between the 3rd and 4th power tubes that was close to falling out. I'm wondering what it does exactly, as it seems hard to get it to screw all the way back in and I don't know if I should take the chassis out to make sure it goes in the right place. I haven't tried anything like that before but will do it if it's easy! I'll attach pictures for reference, thanks!

Dan

That screw either tensions the chassis to the cabinet so it won't rattle, makes the ground between the chassis and the shielding in the cabinet or both of the above. I believe it should just be snug.

It's discussed here often though I don't know what to tell you to search for.

It sticks out. Doesn't go all the way in. This should be a sticky, and should be in the manual.

Thanks for the reassurance guys, glad to know it is meant to be that way! I committed a sin by maybe not looking hard enough through the forums in the first place, but you still helped =)

Back