NAD: To arrive today!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespauljoe1

Reaction score
I ordered a Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special that is set to be delivered today. I am very excited about this amp. I mainly play blues/blues rock and it seems this will be an ideal amp for this.

Some history I have with Boogie amps:
Electra Dyne
Lone Star Classic

My living arrangements changed in March. I used to live in the country and could play as loud as I wanted, but I now live in a duplex in town and can only occassionaly crank it. I felt the LS Special would better suit this arrangement.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to having some fun with it.

Congratulations on the LSS Joe.

I'm a newbie to the LSS myself (but not MB). I was thinking the 5 watt would work for "Closet Playing" but even the 5 Watt setting is Loud but... you can lower the volume and it still sounds fine.

Keep us posted on what you think.

CaptMike said:
Congratulations on the LSS Joe.

I'm a newbie to the LSS myself (but not MB). I was thinking the 5 watt would work for "Closet Playing" but even the 5 Watt setting is Loud but... you can lower the volume and it still sounds fine.

Keep us posted on what you think.

Thanks Mike. I will. My neighbor normally works on Saturday's, so I may get a chance to have some real fun tomorrow. :D

Very exciting. I just got my LSS a couple of months ago and I love it. It is a loud amp on any setting, but you do get some leeway with the 5 watt setting. Congrats!

djw said:
Very exciting. I just got my LSS a couple of months ago and I love it. It is a loud amp on any setting, but you do get some leeway with the 5 watt setting. Congrats!

The Lone Star Special arrived Friday evening. I have gone through quite a lot of experimentation over the last few years with amps. I owned, traded & sold quite a few exceptional amps. To name a few: Germino Club 40, Bruno Cow Tipper 90, Mesa Electra Dyne & Lone Star Classic, Two Rock Classic Reverb Type 3, Dr. Z EZG-50 & Route 66, etc. Each amp was brilliant in their own rite. I tried to keep British and American style amps at the same time (normally one each). Unfortunately I went through a separation (no smart comments about my spending habits please :?:) and moved into a duplex in town in which higher powered amps are no longer practical.

I had time to experiment quite a lot over the weekend with the Lone Star Special. I need one amp that can cover alot of ground that can be played at lower volumes and still sound very good and full at those volumes. I chose this amp because I really loved the LS Classic and knew the Special would be somewhat similar. I have to say, the Special is indeed a wonderful amp and does what I want/need and then some.

Anyone looking a killer studio amp in particular, I highly recommend the LS Special. It offers enough versatility to use for live gigs too. I'm very satisfied.

lespauljoe1....congrats on the LSS. My amp search ended about a year ago when I purchased my LSS.
Being mainly a home player with the occasional jam with da buddies......I was looking for something
with a rich clean tone and a mild overdrive especially at lower volumes. My LSS lives on the 5w
setting, with splash of reverb for that added depth. Happy camper here....

mikiedreb said:
lespauljoe1....congrats on the LSS. My amp search ended about a year ago when I purchased my LSS.
Being mainly a home player with the occasional jam with da buddies......I was looking for something
with a rich clean tone and a mild overdrive especially at lower volumes. My LSS lives on the 5w
setting, with splash of reverb for that added depth. Happy camper here....

Thanks Mike. I mainly do the same, but I do get to use 30 watts on occasion.

Back