Help diagnosing LSS problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Cross

Reaction score
Hi guys,

In the last couple of weeks my LSS has started making a very odd noise, which I've recorded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuVnBw72uiA

It happens all of the time on both channels, and gets louder as the gain, master and output levels are increased, and happens whether the FX loop is hard bypassed or not.
Any thoughts on what might cause this?

Cheers,

Jim

My LSS just started doing that a couple weeks ago as I prepped for a gig. Then I smelled something burning. Then it was fine. The next night it did it again, then smoked my fuse. Somewhere back in time I changed out the 5Y3 rectifier, but LSS's don't like normal 5Y3's. The run too hot. So, the new 5Y3 basically ended up redplating my tubes and cooking some resistors. Fortunately a friend of mine became the new Mesa Portland area repair service center. He got me back up and running with new JJ power tubes, a NOS 5Y3 that doesn't jack up the plate voltage into the stratosphere beyond what they can handle, and replaced the smoked resistors. If it hasn't yet, It's about to take a dump. :cry:

There's not a mobile phone nearby is there? Could it be some kind of digital interference?

J200george said:
There's not a mobile phone nearby is there? Could it be some kind of digital interference?
It was digital interference. I'd just installed a WiFi extender that runs through the mains which, for some reason, interferes with the Boogie and not my deluxe reverb

Back