The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:48 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 334
Location: Hotlanta
Had a Lonestar Classic a while back loved it but then got rid of it.....after touring with the Mark V and using other Boogie amps I decided it was time to come back home to where I need to be and that's with a Lonestar Classic. Check out my new rig I just got today.

Lonestar Classic Short Head with two 1x12 cabs one loaded with a C90 and one with a V30. Both are open back but I had Mesa send me a panel that goes on and off so I can make it closed back if I want. Believe it or not the V30 open back sounds KILLER!!!!

The short head and two cabs instead of one are for much better portability. The Short head is SO MANAGEABLE!!!

Image

_________________
New Album FREE DOWNLOAD http://www.newarresteddevelopment.com

http://www.atlantamixengineer.com
http://www.twitter.com/therealjjboogie
http://www.arresteddevelopmentmusic.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:39 am 
Offline
Single Recto
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:20 pm
Posts: 1098
Location: CA, Mojave desert
Sweet rig! Bet it sounds real big.

_________________
Recto-Verb 25 head
Lonestar Classic (LSC) 2x12
.
Plan-x
https://myspace.com/wichmanbrewster/music/songs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:40 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 221
Nice rig! I'd love to have a LSC short head.

_________________
Electra Dyne 1x12 combo
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
American Deluxe strat
PRS Custom 22

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:34 am 
Offline
Donating Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:57 pm
Posts: 4491
Location: South of Heaven
That looks great. I don't think I've seen a Lone Star short head before.

_________________
Ignore the hype and trust your ears. Play more, buy less = better tone.

|| McCarty | Les Paul | Custom 24 ||
|| Cantrell Wah | Rotovibe | Phase 90 | Grid Slammer ||
|| Triple Crown 50 | Recto 2x12/4x12 ||

|| Jazz Bass | Bass Strategy | PH410 ||


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:05 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 334
Location: Hotlanta
screamingdaisy wrote:
That looks great. I don't think I've seen a Lone Star short head before.


I hadn't either until recently.

_________________
New Album FREE DOWNLOAD http://www.newarresteddevelopment.com

http://www.atlantamixengineer.com
http://www.twitter.com/therealjjboogie
http://www.arresteddevelopmentmusic.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:37 pm 
Offline
Mark II

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:34 pm
Posts: 70
beautiful amp. I have mine now for years and I still absolutely love it. Congrats


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:00 am 
Offline
Donating Member

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 am
Posts: 641
Location: Central Texas
I was going to sell my LSC to help fund a custom power amp. I just couldn't do it though. I am compromising though: I'm having a speaker jack installed on my 4X10 combo cab and selling it; but the LSC chassis stays with me. The chassis will eventually go into a head shell.

I'm also bonding with the LSC drive channel now that I'm running it through a 2X12 instead of a 4X10.

_________________
YOUTUBE: mesafanintexas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:34 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 334
Location: Hotlanta
talltxguy wrote:
I was going to sell my LSC to help fund a custom power amp. I just couldn't do it though. I am compromising though: I'm having a speaker jack installed on my 4X10 combo cab and selling it; but the LSC chassis stays with me. The chassis will eventually go into a head shell.

I'm also bonding with the LSC drive channel now that I'm running it through a 2X12 instead of a 4X10.



I considered ordering a 4x10 cab........what do you like and don't like about it with the LSC?

_________________
New Album FREE DOWNLOAD http://www.newarresteddevelopment.com

http://www.atlantamixengineer.com
http://www.twitter.com/therealjjboogie
http://www.arresteddevelopmentmusic.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:23 pm 
Offline
Donating Member

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 am
Posts: 641
Location: Central Texas
My biggest complaint is the lack of headroom when playing cleanly. When playing with a drummer, I had to nearly dime my LSC when playing cleanly.

Even though I changed the speakers in my 4X10 to ceramics, I still had headroom issues.

If you mic the cab, you should be just fine. But then that leads into the next issue, which is the tone itself. The LCS sounded great through the 4X10 cab with ceramics, but it sounds heavenly through my 2X12 RA cab. I get more bass with the 2X12s and the treble sounds more natural to me. And there's more of a mid scoop with the 2X12s.

The Royal Atlantic cabs have Vintage 30s in them, and I've always dug Vintage 30s for cleans and for distortion. I'm pretty biased toward the V30s.

Hope this helps.

_________________
YOUTUBE: mesafanintexas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:25 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 334
Location: Hotlanta
talltxguy wrote:
My biggest complaint is the lack of headroom when playing cleanly. When playing with a drummer, I had to nearly dime my LSC when playing cleanly.

Even though I changed the speakers in my 4X10 to ceramics, I still had headroom issues.

If you mic the cab, you should be just fine. But then that leads into the next issue, which is the tone itself. The LCS sounded great through the 4X10 cab with ceramics, but it sounds heavenly through my 2X12 RA cab. I get more bass with the 2X12s and the treble sounds more natural to me. And there's more of a mid scoop with the 2X12s.

The Royal Atlantic cabs have Vintage 30s in them, and I've always dug Vintage 30s for cleans and for distortion. I'm pretty biased toward the V30s.

Hope this helps.


Very helpful! Thanks!

Yeah I have fallen in love with the V30. I had a 2x12 vertical cab for a while loaded with 2 C90's and it was great but now that I one of each I can really hear and feel the difference. I love both together and I love just using the V30 by itself as well.

_________________
New Album FREE DOWNLOAD http://www.newarresteddevelopment.com

http://www.atlantamixengineer.com
http://www.twitter.com/therealjjboogie
http://www.arresteddevelopmentmusic.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:43 am 
Offline
Mark II

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:59 pm
Posts: 102
jjboogie wrote:
Had a Lonestar Classic a while back loved it but then got rid of it.....after touring with the Mark V and using other Boogie amps I decided it was time to come back home to where I need to be and that's with a Lonestar Classic. Check out my new rig I just got today.

Lonestar Classic Short Head with two 1x12 cabs one loaded with a C90 and one with a V30. Both are open back but I had Mesa send me a panel that goes on and off so I can make it closed back if I want. Believe it or not the V30 open back sounds KILLER!!!!

The short head and two cabs instead of one are for much better portability. The Short head is SO MANAGEABLE!!!

Image



That is a beautiful rig. I moved on to other amps too, but I'm on my way back to the Lone Star Classic myself. It can do most anything I need for it to. Great amps imo.

_________________
Bruno Cow Tipper 90
2x12 Jenkins Sound Shop/Weber Chicago's
Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne/Eminence Commonwealth
PRS Sunburst SC 245/PRS 57/08 humbuckers
2000 PRS Singlecut/Throbak DT-102 MXV humbuckers
PRS Santana Signature/Wolfetone Dr. Vintage humbuckers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:15 am 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:36 am
Posts: 185
Very, very nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:08 pm 
Offline
Mark IV

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:41 pm
Posts: 845
Location: East Bay, CA
Mesa did you up, JJ. Welcome back to the Lone Star Nation! What a gorgeous rig!

_________________
LP Std Gold Top | LP Special | AmDlx Strat | AmStd Tele | SG Std 60s | ES335 | FSR Tele
Lone Star Classic
Lone Star Special
Electra Dyne
Mini Rec 25
TransAtlantic 15
Lone Star 27, 23 & 19, RA 27 1x12, WBCB 1x12 Cabs

http://www.damonwood.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:39 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 334
Location: Hotlanta
djw wrote:
Mesa did you up, JJ. Welcome back to the Lone Star Nation! What a gorgeous rig!



Thanks! I'm loving it!

The other night I let my other guitarist in my band play thru it the entire rehearsal. The next day he texted me saying after playing through my rig his personal amps at home were a let down! LOL

_________________
New Album FREE DOWNLOAD http://www.newarresteddevelopment.com

http://www.atlantamixengineer.com
http://www.twitter.com/therealjjboogie
http://www.arresteddevelopmentmusic.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:06 am 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:08 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Southbay/Los Angeles
I've been using my short head LSC 50/100 for years with 2 compact 1x12's(Openback with a C90 and Thiele with an EV)...sounds insane...many amps have come and gone over the years but nothing can take down that combination...probably the best amp I've had in my 30+years of playing...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group